Beijing man sun jianlong was censored 30 years ago by the police of the north port branch of zhuhai public security bureau. Two of his famous paintings were lost after being seized and recovered for 30 years. Today (January 6), Mr Sun told the Beijing News that his attorney had received a recent decision by the Zhuhai Intermediate People's Court asking the Gongbei Port Authority to compensate more than RMB440,000 for the loss of its paintings. But Mr Sun said he was not satisfied with the decision and would appeal again.
On July 16,1989, Sun Jianlong went on a business trip to Zhuhai, and the Gongbei Port Bureau of the Zhuhai Public Security Bureau seized Sun Jianlong on suspicion of smuggling cultural relics. Three days later, Sun Jianlong was released, but two famous paintings continued to be seized.
Over the next 30 years, mr. sun's claims were recovered through letters and lawsuits, but police replied that the painting had been lost and mr. sun later claimed compensation from the state. It is worth mentioning that in 2006, the Gongbei Port Branch of the Zhuhai Public Security Bureau replied in writing to Sun Jianlong, saying,\" after investigation, the two paintings are fake and the search is still under way. \".
Mr. Sun had filed a state compensation claim with the Gongbei Port Branch of the Zhuhai Public Security Bureau in March 2015 to achieve his goal of recovering the painting, but the other party did not respond within the statutory time limit. Subsequently, Sun Jianlong to Zhuhai City Public Security Bureau to submit a state compensation request, rejected by the Bureau. Sun turned to the Zhuhai Intermediate People's Court for state compensation, which upheld its decision not to do so.
After filing a complaint with the Guangdong Provincial High Court, in December 2016, the Guangdong High Court made a decision that the Zhuhai Intermediate People's Court's decision not to pay compensation was found to be unclear and ordered the Zhuhai Intermediate People's Court to retry. Three years later, the Zhuhai Intermediate People's Court again decided at the end of December 2019 to demand compensation from Gongbei Port Public Security Bureau for Sun Jianlong.
During the rehearing of the Zhuhai Intermediate People's Court in December 2017, Sun Jianlong made clear his claim for compensation and no longer asked for the return of the painting, but for the financial losses of the two paintings.
On the issue of the authenticity of the painting, the Zhuhai Intermediate People's Court held that the claimant should provide the burden of proof for the damage caused by the illegal act. In this case, due to the cause of the obligation of compensation for the loss of seized property, the obligation of compensation organs should bear the adverse consequences of proof cannot. The court therefore found the painting to be genuine.